March 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes!

Last weekend I decided I NEEDED cupcakes.  Do you know that feeling where you just can't get something out of your head?  I went over to one of my favorite blogs, JavaCupcake, and found her recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes.  They were very easy to make!  I didn't do a good job with the peanut butter buttercream frosting but this was the first time I ever made a buttercream from scratch so I feel like it was a learning experience.  I didn't beat the frosting long enough at the end to get it really fluffy and I think I added too much milk so it looked very broken and almost curdled.  It tasted wonderful, though!  The cake was so moist and chocolately, but not too rich.  I also wanted to pipe the frosting on in a nice pattern but it was a little too thin and I forgot to put the tip in the plastic bag before I filled it.  Oh well!

Here's a picture of what they looked like:
 
I added some spring M&Ms to give them a little festive look and some color.  
All in all, I was very impressed with the cake.  I now know that I need to beat the buttercream much longer and use less milk.  Thanks JavaCupcake!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) They look perfect!! It takes LOTS of practice and lots of failed attempts before my buttercream looked good!

    Keep practicing!!

    <3 Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!
    Stopping by from FF. Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cookies, thy look soooo good!!! Following you from Twitter moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Delish!
    Thanks for stopping by and following the Southern Institute! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am your latest follower from FF and I love love your blog!!! I will be hanging around for awhile to read more about it.

    You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!