March 13, 2010

Yoplait® Light {REVIEW}



Yoplait® Light is my favorite brand of yogurt for many reasons.  The first and best reason is that it is only 100 calories!  Those feelings of guilt are gone immediately because of the fact that there is no fat and only 100 calories per serving.  I love the variety of flavors that are offered such as Boston Cream Pie, Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Strawberry Shortcake.  I also enjoy the Yoplait® Light Thick & Creamy line which features Cherry Cobbler (my favorite!), Cinnamon Roll and Key Lime Pie.  The most amazing and wonderful thing about Yoplait® yogurt is that it really tastes like the flavors!

I had the good fortune to receive some samples of the newest Yoplait® Light flavor, Red Velvet Cake, and the new Yoplait® Light Thick & Creamy flavor, Blueberry Pie.  This is so exciting to me because of my ongoing love affair with Yoplait® Light!

I first tried the Yoplait® Light Thick & Creamy Blueberry Pie.  It was very good!  The flavor of blueberries was as close to reality as you can get and there was an extra sweetness to the yogurt that made it taste like Blueberry Pie.  I’m not sure if it is a flavor that I will purchase regularly, but it was definitely up to Yoplait® standards.  The yogurt was creamy and flavorful without any aftertaste that would normally accompany artificial sweeteners.

My husband would have killed me if I didn’t wait for him to get home to try the Yoplait® Light Red Velvet Cake!  He is a huge fan of red velvet cake (who am I kidding?  He’s a fan of cake in general but red velvet seems to be his current favorite).  We both agreed that the yogurt tasted almost identical to an actual piece of red velvet cake without all the extra calories!  Once again, there was no aftertaste and it really satisfied my after dinner sweets cravings.  This is a flavor that I will definitely add to my regular rotation of favorites.

The next time you are in the grocery store shopping for yogurt, look for these two new flavors of Yoplait® Light.  They will not disappoint!

Disclosure: I was not paid for this review.  I was sent two flavors of yogurt and asked to give my honest opinions.  These opinions are my own.
post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!