April 22, 2010

CoverMate Food Covers {REVIEW}


To celebrate Earth Day, I am going to highlight a great product that will help you cut down on the plastic wrap you use in the kitchen.  CoverMate Food Covers are a reusable option that can be used in the microwave, refigerator and even freezer!  They are also dishwasher safe (on the top rack, please).  CoverMate Food Covers come in a variety of sizes that can stretch to fit all types of containers.  They are made of environmentally-friendly, FDA-compliant food-safe material that is free of BPA, PVC and latex.  There are even built in corners for fitting both round and square dishes and there are vents so that steam can escape during heating in the microwave.  CoverMate Food Covers help to keep food fresh and protect food from dust and insects outside during BBQ and picnic season!

What did I think?

Overall, I really like these covers.  They were very easy to fit on the all containers that I tried using.  I like that they are clear so that you can see what is in the container.  I also love the fact that they are microwavable!  With the steam vents, it is very easy to remove the covers without burning yourself unlike plastic wrap and they don't puff up like plastic wrap, either.  They fit on all sizes of containers from very small containers to large platters!  I have used them on square containers and round containers.  With the elastic around the top, it stretches to fit any size even when the cover is a little big for the container.  My one complaint is that the drying process is timely.  I haven't had the chance to put them in the dishwasher yet, but it takes longer than overnight for them to air dry.  I've found that stretching the cover around a dry cloth is the best way to dry.  These will be a welcome addition to my kitchen.  I see my family using them for many purposes!

How you can buy them!

There are many ways to buy these covers!  CoverMate is running a special promotion for free CoverMate Food Covers when you pay the price of shipping & handling ($3.95)!  You get a sample pack of 4 different sizes of covers and a coupon for $1.00 off when you purchase more covers.  That's a pretty great deal!  You can also find them on Amazon.com or at a variety of retailers including Target.  Check here for your nearest retailer!

I really think you will enjoy having these around the house.  They will also keep the plastic wrap out of the landfills which is a good thing!

Disclosure:  I was not compensated for this review.  I was sent a product sample and gave my honest opinion about the product.

post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!