April 6, 2010

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion {REVIEW}


The Pacific Northwest in the winter is brutal!  It rains almost daily which zaps the moisture from your body.  Even drinking loads of water everyday doesn't seem to hydrate your skin fully.  That's why I'm always on the lookout for a moisturizer that works.  If you have dry skin or just want to prevent your skin from getting dry, you have to check out Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion.

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is an amazing product!  First, you may be asking yourself, what is a shielding lotion?  "Shielding lotion is a lotion that forms a protective barrier on the skin and keeps out irritants and chemicals. It also allows the natural oils and moisture to remain in the skin so it can heal better. It is a big advantage that shielding lotions are light and go on without a greasy mess," says Dr. Brian Zogg, a dermatologist in Albert Lea, MN.  Dr. Zogg is so right.  This lotion was so light when I was applying it to my skin.  My hands glided over my skin without feeling heavy or greasy at all.  The scent is also very light so it didn't compete with my perfume and overpower my senses.  If you are curious as to how it works exactly, head over to the Skin MD Naturals website where you can read all about their products as well as view pictures.


I was sent a bottle of the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion to test out and see for myself how it works.  First, I was amazed by the light texture and how little you have to use to get a smooth coat of lotion on your skin.  Just a dime sized dollop in your hand will cover both legs!  I don't have terribly dry skin, but this lotion really softened up my knees and elbows where my skin tends to be driest.  I will definitely use this product during the winters to prevent the dry skin that I experience every year.

You can purchase the lotion at Skin MD Natural's website along with a variety of other products or you can locate a store that sells their products.  I live in a pretty small town and found multiple stores close by who sell Skin MD Naturals!  Go out and try this stuff!  It's awesome!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love Skin MD Naturals, too! I did a review and giveaway for it early this year and I am definitely planning on getting more of it for every winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't expecting to like it so much just because I've used so many different types of lotions over the years. This is a very different product, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!