May 19, 2010

Hormel is 75 Years Old!

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.

Have you heard of hormel?  You probably have because they are pretty big, but did you know that Hormel Foods is celebrating 75 years of existence?  Over those 75 years, Hormel has had quite a few advertising campaigns.  I don't remember most of them, but here are a few to jog your memory (unless you're like me and can't remember!).

These are pretty cute, don't you think?  I love the  one on the right with the thumb print!  I didn't even realize that Dinty Moore was a hormel product, did you?  The ad on the left looks like it could be from the 40's to me.  The colors and the simplicity of the design make me think it was an early ad.  It's interesting to me that the Dinty Moore name has changed so much.  Notice the difference between these two ads?  The "o"s don't overlap in the ad on the right like they do on the left.
 


Here are some of the Hormel chili ads, since Hormel is most known for their chili.

I like the ad on the left with all the ladies grocery shopping!  They look so dressed up for being in the grocery store.  It makes me wonder if they really dressed that way to go shopping.  I also like the fresh ingredients that are shown in the ad on the right.  It makes me feel like Hormel was trying to tell their customers that they used the freshest ingredients even though it was canned.  What year do you think these ads were run?  I think it was in the 50's and 60's.  Just the interpretation of the women's clothing and the style of the chili can lead me to that conclusion.  Do you think I'm right?

What is one of your favorite things to make with Hormel chili?  My family loves to make chili dip with cream cheese, Hormel Chili (whichever one I pick up works), cheddar cheese and Frito's.  You just put a brick of cream cheese in a microwaveable dish, pour the chili on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle some cheddar on top of that.  It gets all melty and delicious!  Then, you use the chips to scoop it up!  It is so good and works for a meal, if you so choose (and my husband absolutely does!).  Don't have a recipe of your own but you'd like to try one?  Visit http://www.hormelrecipes.com/ and pick one out to try tonight!  Most are quick and easy to prepare.  Make your family happy!
Visit my sponsor: Hormel Chili
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://businesseshome.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!