May 11, 2010

One eskimO debut album & tour {REVIEW}

Do you like Coldplay?  How about Dave Matthews Band?  If you said "yes" to both questions, than I have the album for you.  It's the self-titled debut album by a band named One eskimO and it's hot!  I don't know about you, but as I get older I'm realizing that the kind of music I enjoy is the music that helps me relax versus the music that rev's me up and makes me want to dance.  One eskimO plays just that kind of music, relaxing and easy to listen to.  I don't think that there is one track that I didn't enjoy out of 11 however my favorites are definitely the slower ones like "Astronauts" (you can get this one free at Twitter), "Simple Day" and "Chocolate". 

One eskimO is a critically-acclaimed English band fronted by singer-songwriter Kristian Leontiou and includes musicians Pete Rinaldi (guitar), Jamie Sefton (bass, horns) and Adam Falkner (drums). One eskimO is getting ready to kick off their US tour in Miami, FL and you can see if they are headed to your town here.  "Kandi" is their first hit and it is a hit!  It is currently the #1 adult alternative song and has taken the radio stations by storm!  In fact, Billboard Magazine calls One eskimO's self-titled debut album "...catchy, ambient pop." and Los Angeles Times Magazine hails the song "Kandi" "a beautiful, aspirational track."  You can go check out "Kandi" on YouTube and see what you think of the song, if you haven't already heard it on the radio.

You can purchase One eskimO at Target, Best Buy, Borders and Barnes & Noble.  Check them out!  I don't think you'll be disappointed.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!