May 11, 2010

The recipe I submitted to Allens...

I promised you the recipe that I submitted to Allens for the Feast Your Veggies On This contest.  I decided to use Princella Sweet Potatoes (I love sweet potatoes and they are good for you, too!) and make a sweet potato casserole.  Here's my recipe and a few pics of the finished product.

Sweet Potato Casserole 
Serves 6

Ingredients:
2 small cans Princella Sweet Potatoes, drained
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Topping:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the first six ingredients together with a hand mixer until combined.  Prepare a 8x8 baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixed ingredients.  Mix all topping ingredients together by hand until combined.  Sprinkle topping on potato mixture and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.



This recipe was very easy to make and it's tasty, too!  I left out the pecans because my husband has strange reactions to nuts, but you add them to the topping.  Enjoy!

Go here to enter the Allen's Feast Your Veggies on This Recipe Contest!  It ends May 15th!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. LOL I thought your title said "The recipe I submitted to ALIENS" and I needed to know what that was about! This is yummy but I was really expecting something better suited for little green men!

    Kathy over at Everyday Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, Kathy! Thanks for stopping by and maybe I'll make a receipe for aliens, too....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!