July 7, 2010

What did I choose from CSN Stores? {REVIEW}

With over 200 stores, I really struggled with choosing something to review from CSN Stores.  I waffled between a new toaster and a cool wine rack.  Since I love to cook, I ended up in the housewares store picking out something to use in my kitchen.  I was so thrilled when I received the Bubble and Brown 2-piece Stoneware Baker Set in Chocolate and Paula Deen's 2-piece Silicone Spoonula Set in Green.  Can you tell that I'm a fan of the Food Network?  Ever since I did my last giveaway with CSN Stores, I've wanted to acquire a Bubble and Brown set so I jumped on this opportunity!  There are so many good casserole recipes out there and I can just see a beautiful dish of steaming hot macaroni and cheese in one of these dishes.
I also fell in love with these spoonulas from Paula Deen.  Green is one of my favorite colors and these spoonulas looked like they were sturdy and stylish!  I was right on both accounts.  All of these products exceeded my expectations and I couldn't wait to use them right away!  The first dish I wanted to make was a casserole by Rachael Ray's staff.  It's called Chicken, Biscuits 'n' Gravy Casserole and it is awesome!  My husband and I love this casserole because it is easy to make and so delicious!  Here's a picture of what ours looked like in the casserole dish.
It was so good!  I actually added additional vegetables to the gravy to give it a little more flavor and vitamins.  I added a diced red pepper and grated carrot to the mushrooms and celery.  Sometimes I'll also add in green peas.  The great thing about this recipe is that it is adaptable!

What Did I Think?

The casserole dishes and the spoonulas are really good items to have in your kitchen.  I think I'll make some macaroni and cheese next in the dish.  The one above is the larger dish but there is a smaller one that would be perfect for a side dish like mac and cheese or scalloped potatoes.  One of my favorite features on the dishes are the handles.  These handles make it so easy to remove the dishes from the oven with potholders.  They are also made very well and can be used in the oven, microwave and dishwasher.  No scrubbing these dishes by hand!

The spoonulas are very sturdy as well.  The rubber head makes sauteing easy and it is heat resistant to 500 degrees.  This spoonula worked perfectly in my non stick saute pan and it was so easy to clean.  But, if you feel the need to use the dishwasher, the head comes off the handle and you can throw it in!  Since the handle is wood, you don't want that to go in the dishwasher because it will warp.

The checkout process with CSN Stores is so easy and they ship out quickly.  I think it was only 3 days from when I placed the order that I received it and since I was chomping at the bit, that was a gift!

Thanks to CSN Stores for giving me the opportunity to try out some amazing products!  Look for a giveaway later in the month from CSN Stores and maybe you'll be able to go shopping, too!

Disclaimer:  I did not receive monetary compensation for this post.  I was sent products to try in my home and write an honest review.
post signature

7 comments:

  1. That casserole looks fabulous! It's great to have a bunch of easy dishes in your personal cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the casserole dishes! I'll have to check those out further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that casserole does look fabulous. Plus the dish is gorgeous!! I need new spoonulas, my old P.Chef ones are cracked. You may have inspired me to spend, spend spend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw! That casserole dish looks awesome. I mean the dish and the food! I would love to have that! And I love anything from Paula Deen! You have to love CSN! It has everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those casserole! And I love them. They are very easy to clean. I won it from another blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Bubble & Brown dishes... those would look great in my kitchen. And I'm sure I'd get lots of use out of them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I will be doing my first giveaway soon with CSN - I'm kind of excited! That chicken dish you made looks very yummy!


    I'm following you from MBC's "the blog following network". I'm looking forward to reading more and more. When you get a chance I'd love to have you follow me. =D

    Tina "The Book Lady"
    http://www.familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com
    http://www.givingnsharing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!