August 19, 2010

On Vacation!

Sorry  I haven't posted for a couple days but my husband and I are visiting my parents and sister in my hometown.  Seattle is such a beautiful city, especially in August (at least it was when we got here on Tuesday)!  Here are a few pics from this morning's activities.

The Space Needle holds a special place in my heart because it's where I got engaged.  I took this picture from our table at breakfast at Citizen which is a little hole in the wall place on Queen Anne that specializes in crepes. Wanna see what I had?
This was so good!  It's called the Citizen Crepe and it had spinach, bacon, asparagus, goat cheese and caramelized onions in the crepe then drizzled with a savory creme fraiche.  It was awesome!
Can't forget the coffee.  We are in Seattle, after all!
Next up was a Seattle icon, Pike Place Market.  It's one of my favorite places in this city.  Of course we had to stop at the original Starbucks.
Then we headed off for some shopping.  I got too engrossed in the booths to take anymore pictures so this is where the tour stops.

It's so much fun to explore the city that you grew up in from an adult perspective!  I'll try to post again before we head home on Sunday but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.  Hope you are having a great week!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!