I don't claim to be a tech-savvy individual but I do know a thing or two about shopping! Cyber Monday is the best day of the year to get amazing deals on products through most websites around the internet. I know that Cyber Monday has already passed, but you can still get some great deals out there on the world wide web you just have to know where to look for them!
Here are my five tips for successful holiday tech shopping:
1. Do your research! Know what exactly you are looking for and where to find it. That can be done by simply asking the person for a little more information or paying more attention when that individual is talking about the latest and greatest gadget that they just can't live without!
2. Check your email! If you have purchased from the internet in the past, there is a very good chance that you are one email lists for those retailers. Retailers love to use emails to advertise great deals. If you do not get those emails, find a few online retailers where you love to shop and sign up for the email deals. You'll be amazed at what sorts of specials get sent out to those lists.
3. Ask the experts! Take some time to visit message boards that are geared towards technology. They are very easy to find by searching on google or another search engine and can be incredible sources of information. Those folks know what they are talking about and love to share their knowledge!
4. Reviews are the key! Obviously, I am a fan of product reviews as I do a few of them here on my blog, but I find that review sites and even reviews on retailer sites such as amazon.com can be extremely informative. If I'm going to spend over $100 on a gift, I want to know that it will work down the road. Product reviews can tell you the pros and cons of the product.
5. Spend your money wisely! Make sure that the deal you are getting is a good one which is easy to do by comparing the prices around the internet. There are great websites out there that will do the comparison for you so all you have to do is tell them the product you are looking for. How great is that?
This holiday season, make sure you are fully informed when shopping for technology so that you get the best deal and your loved one gets the best product!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.