November 14, 2010

Norah Jones ...Featuring CD {REVIEW}

Ok, so I've written a few reviews on new music CD's and I've been excited to receive them and listen but I was beyond excited to find out that I would be receiving Norah Jones's new CD to review, ...FeaturingNorah Jones is one of my absolute favorite artists and I just adore every song that she sings.  I literally played her first CD so much that it skips because there are so many scratches!  "Come Away With Me" is one of my favorite songs ever from her first album.  It's beautiful and emotional and I just love it.


For this CD, Norah Jones decided to do collaborations with some of her favorite artists. “A lot of the people on this record are people I've worshiped since I was a kid, and some of them are younger and more my contemporaries,” says Jones. “Even though the musicians are so varied, the vibe of the songs makes sense when we put them all together.” Songs on …Featuring range from classics recorded by Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Joni Mitchell, and Roy Orbison to new material by such wide-ranging innovators as Ryan Adams and Q-Tip.  It is an extremely varied CD and is sure to please even the staunchest critic.

I was pleasantly surprised when "Baby It's Cold Outside" started to play.  Norah sings this duet with Willie Nelson and it's just as playful and fun as the original version.  Norah's voice is so distinctive and easy to sing along with and since I'm one of those crazy people you see singing to herself in the car, that's a definite plus!  I also love Norah's duet with the late Ray Charles, "Here We Go Again".  Ray's voice never gets old and combining his melodic sound with Norah's beautiful voice is a winner in my book!  There are 18 fantastic tunes on this CD so even if you don't agree with my assessment, you have 16 other songs to choose from.

Norah Jones ...Featuring will be available for purchase beginning November 16th!  You can visit Norah's website to find out more about tours and to pre-order this album.  Believe me, you will not want to miss this one!  It would also make a great Christmas or Hanukkah gift for a loved one.

There are plenty of other ways to stay in touch with Norah, too!  You can "Like" her Facebook page and be alerted when something is posted there or you can follow her on YouTube and watch live performances.  Just remember to look for Norah's new CD ...Featuring in the stores beginning Tuesday, November 16th!

Disclosure:  I received an album free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion.  I also will be entered to win a gift card from One 2 One Network.  These things did not influence by opinion of the music at all and all opinions are my own.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love Norah Jones it's been a while hasn't it? I haven't heard her new cd, I'm looking forward to it when I get a minute to myself. I wish they would play her on the radio more.
    I just started a blog. Come check it out if you have time: www.whatsanitasdeal.com it's a major work in progress. I love your site! I'm a subscriber and a GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you have any tips on making my site decent looking I'd love to have them, bad or good critiques, I'll take 'em all. I can't figure out how to build up my page properly....it's taking forever. *sigh* Congrats on the new job offer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!