December 7, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - Cowgirl Chocolates {REVIEW}

I consider myself a connoisseur of chocolate being that I've eaten so much of the stuff in my lifetime and grew up very close to an incredible chocolate store.  This is why I was so excited to try Cowgirl Chocolates!  I have never eaten chocolates that had cayenne pepper in them and anyone who knows me well, knows that I am very sensitive to to pepper.  this made me a tad bit apprehensive about eating these chocolates but when I received them, I quickly changed my mind!

Head Cowgirl Marilyn Lysohir founded Cowgirl Chocolates in 1997. Her two favorite things in the world are art (she has a notable career as a ceramic sculptor) and chocolate. In fact her first job was working in a chocolate factory in Pennsylvania. Marilyn mingled some favorite memories with some new ideas to create an American original, Cowgirl Chocolates...chocolates with a spicy cowgirl kick. She was the pioneer, one of the first companies to offer spicy chocolates in the world.


This is the package that I received from Cowgirl Chocolates.  Isn't it cute?  Inside were the chocolates for me (and my husband) to sample.  I was shocked to open up the box and find so many different chocolates!  Most were truffles but there was also one caramel (that had quite a kick to it!).  The truffles were a mix of mild truffles without any cayenne pepper in them and then the ones that make your skirt fly up!  They were all delicious and I was impressed with the flavors that were offered.

My sample box included Double Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Ivory Orange and Raspberry Lemon which were all mild truffles.  They were all very tasty but I think my favorite would have to be the Double Dark Chocolate.  It was smooth and creamy with that extra little bite that dark chocolate brings to the party.  I also received Raspberry Dark Chocolate, Double Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Milk Chocolate and Cappuccino which are the spicy flavors.  Let me tell you, they were spicy!  In this batch my favorite flavor was the Cappuccino.  What an awesome combination of creamy coffee flavor with that extra kick of cayenne pepper.  I could eat this truffle everyday!  As I mentioned above, there was a caramel included in the box which made steam come out of my ears!  I believe it was a Habenero Caramel that was the spiciest thing I've ever eaten.

If you know someone who enjoys both spicy and sweet chocolate truffles or you would like to introduce someone you know to these treats, head over to Cowgirl Chocolates and take a look around.  Marilyn offers many more candies than just chocolates and she does gift samplers like the one I received as well as other options for a reasonable cost.  It would make a great gift for a loved one!

Disclosure:  I received a free sample of chocolates in exchange for my honest opinion of the candies.  I was under no obligation to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!