Schwans sent me a few of their frozen items to review along with recipes for those items. Since we were so close to Thanksgiving, I decided that I wanted to share these recipes with my family and they were a hit! The first recipe that I made was Holiday Bread Crostini Appetizers.
Holiday Bread Crostini Appetizers
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
Crostini means "little toasts" in Italian. Our delectable little toasts are topped with a blend of savory sausage and a rich creamy base.
1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. diced red pepper
2 loaves French Baguette Bread (#667), prepared
2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
6 Country Sausage Patties (#441), thawed
- Preheat the broiler.
- Crumble and cook sausage on medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Stir together sausage, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut baguette bread into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Spread sausage mixture evenly onto each round. Place on baking sheet.
- Top with diced red pepper and broil until cheese melts and topping bubbles.
The second recipe I made was perfect for Thanksgiving and is called Candied Sweet Potato Souffle.
Candied Sweet Potato Soufflé
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Number of Servings: 10
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
3 cups Roasted Sweet Potatoes (#774), thawed and mashed
1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a blender or food processor.
- Add sweet potatoes and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 9" casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil. Bake 45-50 minutes or until mixture has set. Top with pecans and serve.
How would you like to win the products that I received from Schwans? Well, one of my readers is going to receive the same three items that are included in the above recipes including French Baguette Bread, Country Sausage Patties and Roasted Sweet Potatoes!
Head over to Schwans and tell me which other recipe you would like to try! (Please make sure that I have an email address to contact you if you are the winner either in the comment itself or on your profile.)