February 28, 2011

CSN Stores - George Foreman Contemporary Grill {REVIEW}

I continue to drool with longing when looking through all of the products that are offered on the 200+ stores featured at CSNStores.com!  I don't even know how many reviews I've done for CSNStores.com but every time I go on there to choose a product to review at home, I find and fall in love with new things!  They literally offer products for all aspects of life including (but not limited to) your kitchen, your bathroom, your closet, your kid's rooms, your living room, your back yard and so much more.  It's also so easy to shop at CSNStores.com.  You can set up your account so that it only takes 2-3 clicks and your product is ordered and paid for using a specified payment method.  Once it's ordered, the people at CSNStores.com work hard to get it to you fast and intact (a very important feature)!  If you know me at all, you know that I love kitchen gadgets and appliances because cooking is one of my favorite ways to relax and recharge.  This time around, I agonized over what to get.  Making a choice that would be practical while still allowing me to feel like I was receiving a product that would be fun to use was tough.

After receiving a letter from the manager of our apartment complex stating that the insurance company wouldn't allow the tenants to keep gas barbecues on our back decks, I decided to choose the George Foreman Contemporary Grill so that we could still enjoy grilled meats and vegetables.  My husband and I have owned a George Foreman grill before back when they were first introduced to the world and we loved being able to make dinner so quickly and still retain that grilled flavor.  The major difference between the Foreman Grill we had years ago and this one is that there is a special hinge on this grill that allows you to cook meats and vegetables with different thicknesses.  It pops up for thicker meats like chicken breasts and steak and still allows the meat to maintain contact with both heated grill plates.  Since this is the idea behind the grill (to maintain contact with both plates) it was definitely a nice change from the old one.  Not only can you cook meat and vegetables on this grill but you can do paninis and grilled sandwiches as well.  I haven't done one, yet, but I'm thinking that might be a great rainy day lunch for this weekend!  One of my favorite things about this grill is that foods cook so much faster because of the heated plates sandwiching the food.

I've really only got two complaints about the George Foreman Contemporary Grill.  One of those complaints is that the plates are not removable and it can be difficult to clean the machine.  However, my husband did make a good point and said that maybe if we use a wet paper towel while it's still hot, the steam will help get all the bits off and he was right!  The other complaint I have is that the temperature is not variable.  The machine is either on or off so you really have to watch the food as you're cooking it to make sure it doesn't get overcooked.  In the grand scheme of things, these are not all that big of a deal but still things that I noticed that would make the product that much better.

I you are in the market for a product that helps you cook healthy meals faster, check out the George Foreman line of grills at CSNStores.com because they are a very nice addition to a kitchen for any cook!

Disclosure:  I received this product for free in exchange for my honest opinion about both the product and the website.  All opinions are my own, honest views of the product.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!