March 12, 2011

Dreaming of a house...

I don't post much about me but I think I'm going to start writing more personal blog posts so that you can get a glimpse into my life and help me get rid of some worries and stress.  Lately, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how nice it will be to live in a house again.  You see, my husband and I own a fitness center in a small community in Oregon which was hit pretty hard by the recession.  Over the last couple of years, our business has lost a significant amount of business because so many people have lost their jobs and can no longer pay for a fitness membership.  We are starting to see some signs of our community finally pulling out of this economy and are getting ready to move the business into a new building where the rent is almost 50% lower than where we've been for the past 4+ years.  That's quite a savings and with that savings we'll be able to pay ourselves a salary for the first time since opening up in 2006!  This means that we'll finally get to move out of the small 2 bedroom apartment we live in and possibly rent (or maybe even own) a single family house again.
Here are some of my wishes for a house:
  • A large kitchen with recessed lighting and lots of counter space so that I can cook without feeling claustrophobic
  • A nice sized family room that is located right off the kitchen
  • A master bedroom that fits our king bed and dresser comfortably
  • 2 extra rooms for guests and a den
  • 2 car attached garage
I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you?

Photo credit:
D & J Kitchens and Baths, CA 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I dont think its to much to ask for!! I am also dreaming of a house. My husband is in the military and I cant wait for him to finish his tour in Afghan so we can buy a dream house together and be a family again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!