March 13, 2011

Smartfish Whirl Mini Notebook Laser Mouse {REVIEW}


Are you like me?  I spend a lot of time on my laptop and hate using the finger pad to move the cursor around the screen.  It's cumbersome and not big enough to get around the whole screen without lifting your finger off.  Let's not talk about the finger cramps and wrist pain from holding your hand in an unnatural position for that long.  A few years ago, I discovered the amazing invention of the wireless mouse!  Since then, I haven't turned back to using the finger pad unless I absolutely am forced.

Recently, I received an awesome product to use and review called the Smartfish Whirl Mini Notebook Laser Mouse w/Anti-Gravity Comfort Pivot.  I know it's a mouthful but this wireless mouse sits up slightly and pivots so that your wrist isn't in a bad position thus not placing stress on the tendons and reducing pain.  It's really comfortable to use because the mouse follows your wrist's natural movements.  Here's some info from the Smartfish Technologies website:

The ErgoMotion™ pivot system reduces your risk of Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI) by adding motion! The magic of the function is how it naturally adapts to your hand motion rather than the other way around! While all other computer mice require your hand and wrist to remain in a fixed position, the Whirl™ Mini pivots naturally as you move, automatically changing it’s angle infinitely to match your wrist and hand. The mouse will lean, swivel or pivot with your movement so your hand and wrist are never in a fixed position, creating the most comfortable and healthy mousing experience ever. This mouse rocks!

The Whirl Mini Notebook Laser Mouse w/Anti-Gravity Comfort Pivot comes in six different colors so that you can express your own personal style while keeping your hands in an ergonomic position.  I received the Carbon Fiber which matches just about everything because it's a contemporary mix of grey and black.  The mouse also comes in metallic red, metallic blue, metallic black, metallic white and silver so there's a color for everyone!

This mouse is such a nice change from my other mouse that sat flat on the table.  It really feels different to have your hand floating off the table and to have the mouse move with your hand's natural movements through the pivot.  The fact that it's a mini mouse is a plus for me because I have small hands and some of the wireless mouse products out there are too big for my hand which can cause cramping if I use it for too long.  The laser moves very smoothly on the screen and only requires two AAA batteries to work.  At $49.95, it's worth every penny especially if you plan on heavy usage.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!