June 12, 2011

POM Wonderful Pomegranate Cranberry 100% Juice {REVIEW}

Have you heard of pomegranate? If you haven't than you've been living under a rock for the past few years!  Pomegranate is one of the new "super" foods because of the incredibly high amount of antioxidants found in the fruit.  Antioxidants are extremely important for neutralizing free radicals that exist all around us and work against us and our health by damaging the cells that compose our bodies.  We can help combat the damage done by free radicals by ingesting additional antioxidants.

A great way to take in more antioxidants is by drinking pomegranate juice and POM Wonderful makes many delicious blends of juices using pomegranate as well as other fruits like blueberry, cherry, mango and a few other fruits.  I was sent some POM Wonderful Pomegranate Cranberry 100% juice to try out and tell you all about.  This was a nice addition to my diet because I love cranberry juice and how it helps keep my urinary system healthy.

I decided to make some fun drinks with this Pomegranate Cranberry 100% juice.  Since Cosmopolitans are a favorite drink of mine, I chose to make a POM Cranberry Cosmo for dinner one night just to see how it rates against the original version.  I obviously started out with POM Wonderful Pomegranate Cranberry juice as well as a few other important additions such as vodka, Cointreau and lime juice.

Here's my recipe:

2 oz POM Pomegranate Cranberry juice
2 oz vodka
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, strained

Add these ingredients to a shaker with some ice cubes in it and shake it up!  If you feel so inclined to rim your martini glass with sugar, it would be a nice addition to the tart flavor of the juice but I was too anxious to taste the drink so I just poured it in my martini glass and drank up!

I really enjoyed the sweetness of the Pomegranate Cranberry juice.  It's not nearly as tart as pure cranberry juice which is what is used in a classic Cosmopolitan so that was a nice change from the original.  I also love the dark red color of the juice!  It was a pleasure to just look at this drink but, honestly, I enjoyed drinking it more.  Next time you're in the grocery store, look up the POM Wonderful products and try one out!  In fact, POM Wonderful is offering a coupon for $1 off your next bottle of POM Wonderful.

You can also enter the POM Wonderful presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold contest where you can win a number of incredible prizes including a Sony 3-D television, a new MINI Cooper, or a fun date night package from POM Wonderful.  Get over there quick and enter to win!  The contest ends June 30th.  Good luck!

Disclosure:  I was sent samples of the product and was under no obligation to write a positive review or offer a giveaway in exchange for the product.  All opinions are my own, honest thoughts.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!