June 17, 2011

Repechage Hydra Medic Mask & Serum {REVIEW}

If you have read other posts of mine that discuss skin care, you probably know that I have always suffered from problem skin, specifically acne.  My search has been long for a solution and I have had to endure dry skin as well as smelly chemicals to keep my acne to a minimum so that I could feel beautiful.  As I've aged, my acne has decreased however I still get blemishes now and again that brings back all of those memories of being a young girl with horrible pimples on her face.  I would do just about anything to keep those darn blemishes off my face.  Along comes Repechage.  A couple weeks ago, I reviewed the Repechage Hydra Refine One Minute Clarifying Mask and fell in love because it made my skin feel soft and silky while combating my acne.  Imagine by surprise and delight to find out that I was receiving two more products from Repechage to try out!

This time around, I received some products from the Hydra Medic line which is made for acne prone skin to help decrease breakouts and keep the blemishes in check using salicylic acid along with other healing products.  The first of the two products that I tried is the Hydra Medic Sea Mud Perfecting Mask.  This mask uses ichthammol, kaolin clay, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and eucalyptus oil to reduce oiliness and shrink pores.  It's essentially a purifying mask that doesn't dry out the skin and, in fact, makes my skin feel softer and cleaner.  You know how most masks pull on your skin as it dries and when you rinse it off it feels like all the moisture has been sucked out, too?  Well, this does not happen with Hydra Medic Sea Mud Perfecting Mask.  In fact, the opposite is true.  My skin felt soft and supple after I rinsed off the mask.

The other product I received is Hydra Medic Beta Hydroxy Serum.  This serum is amazing and is perfect for acne prevention.  All you have to do is apply a light coat of the serum after you have cleansed your skin at night.  Let it dry before you go to bed and you will maintain beautiful, clear skin.  My favorite part is that the serum doesn't bleach your sheets or towels even with zinc and salicylic acid as ingredients.  I've used products with chemicals in them that can bleach textiles but this serum doesn't!  The only criticism I have is that the dropper is a little cumbersome when you have the serum in your hand.  I think this serum would be easier to apply if it was in a squirt bottle or had a spray top on it.  Other than that, it's an effective serum for keep those pesky pimples at bay.

So, the next time you are looking for some help clearing up your acne (Repechage also sells product for those of you with dry, sensitive, combination and mature skin) check out Repechage.  All of the products I have tried do exactly what they claim to do which is a new experience for me.  I'm used to being disappointed in skin care products that claim to clear up my acne yet just make my skin dry and flaky.  I think I've found my new skin care regime!

Disclosure:  I was sent free product to test and give my honest opinion on my blog.  I was not compensated in any other way and was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the free product.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Give It To Me Monday Blog hop, I am your newest follower on GFC Aprils Lifestyle Show

    PS Looking for members for my Triberr team Reviews and Giveaway mavens. If you would like an invite DM me on twitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Really Enjoyed The Blog. I Have Just Bookmarked. I Am Regular Visitor of Your Website I Will Share It with My Friends Thanks and I promiss I will visit your blog again.

    Regards:
    http://wwww.freecrpple.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jennifer,
    Thank you for your review. It is very comprehensive and useful. I wanting to try but wonder if it's okay to be applied on pregnancy woman?

    All best wishes,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get
    three emails with the same comment. Is there any way
    you can remove me from that service? Cheers!

    Check out my blog ... Buy Pur Essence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!