July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Well, July is here and so is the warm weather!  Hope you are enjoying this long weekend as much as I am.  I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow but the bills have to be paid.  Today we are celebrating Independence Day by participating in a local 10k run/4.5 mile walk (my husband did the running and I did the walking).  It was an absolute beautiful day for being outside and getting some exercise while also contributing to a fantastic event!

For dinner we are off to a family BBQ where I am sure we will eat incredible food and enjoy some fun in the sun with the family.  After that, maybe we will go watch some fireworks with friends to cap off this Independence Day.

Earlier this week I made a cake for my final Wilton cake class which got lots of compliments from family and friends.  What do you think?  It's my first time working with fondant and I certainly can use some practice but I'm pretty proud of my effort!  The cake was delicious, by the way!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. thepinkhouse says
    hope u have a great hoilday......really lovely cake creation....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!